Huawei’s Latest Smartphone Defies US Sanctions – Chinese State Media
Chinese state media jumped aboard a groundswell of national pride surrounding Huawei Technologies Co.’s latest smartphone, portraying the gadget as a technological marvel that delivered a much-needed victory over US sanctions.
The Beijing-mouthpiece Global Times framed the device — which debuted without warning on online malls just as US Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo shuttled between Beijing and Shanghai — as a repudiation of US efforts to contain China, and a triumphant return for Huawei’s self-designed Kirin chips. The outlet, backed by China’s Communist Party, led a chorus of vociferous columns from state-affiliated outlets crowing over Huawei’s revival after having been denied access to critical American technology for years.
- Chinese state media celebrates Huawei’s latest smartphone as a technological marvel
- Global Times frames the device as a victory over US sanctions
- The gadget debuts without warning on online malls
- Huawei’s self-designed Kirin chips mark a triumphant return
- State-affiliated outlets express joy over Huawei’s revival