India vs Pakistan Asia Cup 2023 Super 4s Match Suspended Due to Rain
The rain once again poured its blessings on the India vs Pakistan Asia Cup 2023 Super 4s clash and the match was moved to the reserve day. Only 24.1 overs of play was possible on September 10, and the Indian cricket team scored 147/2 with KL Rahul and Virat Kohli at the crease. The play will resume on the reserve day from where it was suspended on the scheduled date.
3 things you need to know
- Team India’s opening match against Pakistan of the Asia Cup 2023 was also abandoned due to rain
- Team India is yet to register their first points in the Super Fours stage of the Asia Cup
- Pakistan is on the top of the Asia Cup 2023 Super 4s table after their win against Bangladesh
ALSO READ | India vs Pakistan live score, Asia Cup scorecard
Team India qualification scenario for the Asia Cup 2023 Final
The Indian cricket team has been the most cursed side in the Asia Cup 2023, as all its matches in the tournament have been affected due to rain. India vs Pakistan Super 4s clash is also expected to get washed out due to rain as there are 93 percent chances of rain even on the reserve day. With all the Super Fours matches of the Asia Cup 2023 scheduled to be held in Colombo, a look at Team India’s qualification scenario for the multination Asian tournament final:
What if the India vs Pakistan Super 4s clash gets washed out:
- Both the teams will share one point each and Pakistan will go to three points. Team India will register their first points in the Super Fours stage of the Asia Cup 2023. Pakistan will remain in the top position in the Super 4s table.
- If the India vs Pakistan clash is washed out due to rain, the Indian team’s next match against Sri Lanka will be a do-or-die match for the team.
- If Sri Lanka loses both matches against India and Pakistan, they will finish their Asia Cup 2023 campaign with two points and will be knocked out of the tournament. Team India will then play a direct final with Pakistan on September 17.
- If Sri Lanka manages to beat Pakistan or vice versa, only one team will get to the finals of the Asia Cup 2023.
What if India loses to Pakistan in the Super Fours Asia Cup 2023 match
- If Team India loses to Pakistan in their Super 4s clash, they will need to beat both Sri Lanka and Bangladesh in their next two matches.
ALSO READ | ‘Chocolate wapis do’: MS Dhoni’s interaction with a fan in USA goes viral – WATCH
What if the India vs Sri Lanka Asia Cup 2023 Super 4s match is washed out
- If the IND vs PAK and IND vs SL Super 4s matches are washed out, the Indian team will only have two points and their next match against Bangladesh will be a must-win encounter.
- If Team India beats Bangladesh they will end with four points.
- If the Indian team manages to beat Bangladesh by a huge margin, they can challenge Pakistan and Sri Lanka for a spot in the finals of the Asia Cup 2023.
The final of the Asia Cup 2023 is scheduled to be held on September 17. Sri Lanka is the defending champion of the T20 Asia Cup whereas Team India won the last edition of the 50-over multination Asian tournament.