Bangladesh Ends Asia Cup with Victory over India, Eyes World Cup Success
Tigers confident in becoming a “dangerous side”
Bangladesh skipper Shakib Al Hasan feels that the Tigers will be a “dangerous side” for the upcoming ODI World Cup after they ended their Asia Cup campaign with a remarkable 6-run victory over India at the R Premadasa Stadium.
- India walked in as the only team who managed to remain unbeaten throughout the competition.
- Shubman Gill’s 121 and Axar Patel’s valiant 42 almost took the entire game away from Bangladesh.
- The Tigers dug deep to clinch an exceptional victory and end their tournament on a high note.
Shakib Al Hasan sends a strong message
Shakib played a crucial hand in Bangladesh’s victory and after the match, he sent a strong message to other teams, “I think we will be a dangerous side in the World Cup.”
He further went on to reflect on his performance and other players who played a crucial role in keeping the momentum in their favour.
- Shakib mentioned giving chances to players who haven’t played much, as spinners were expected to do well on the seaming wicket.
- He praised Mahedi Hasan for providing the breakthrough and bowling five overs at the end.
- Tanzim Hasan Sakib also received appreciation for his excellent bowling at the start, taking two wickets.
- Despite injuries and players going in and out, Shakib believes Bangladesh has a very good team.
Bangladesh successfully defends the total of 265
Gill played a thunderous knock of 121 off 133 while Axar scored a vital 42 off 34 deliveries. Mustafizur Rahman bagged three wickets for Bangladesh, while Tanzim Hasan Sakib scalped 2 wickets.
Shakib Al Hasan and Towhid Hridoy shone brightly, both scoring remarkable half-centuries, while the Bangladesh pacers demonstrated their mettle with great precision in their deliveries to successfully defend the total of 265.
(This story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
Topics mentioned in this article