Australia Women Prepare for India Day-Night Test Amidst WBBL 2023-24
A Major Task for Australia Women
Australia Women are gearing up for the major task of preparing for the India day-night Test in the midst of the Women’s Big Bash League (WBBL) 2023-24. Notably, the pink-ball encounter is part of the multi-format series which will be played in December and January, whereas the WBBL will run from October 19 until December 2.
Bowlers’ Workload Preparation
Shawn Flegler, national selector of the women’s team, revealed that the think tank is already on the process of ideating a plan for the bowlers to increase their workload during the WBBL as part of the preparation for the Test series.
- Preparation during WBBL is important for pace and spin bowlers to increase their workload.
- It’s a balancing act of playing WBBL and getting necessary loads in for adequate preparation.
Australia vs India Test Series Return
Notably, the two cricketing powerhouses will square off in the Test series for the first time in India since 1984. Australia and India last contested in a day-night Test match at the Carrara Oval in 2021, wherein the two sides ended on level terms.
Challenges Ahead of the Test Series
Flegler further highlighted that the side will travel a little more than a week prior to the multi-format series. In addition to this, the side will prepare with extra players from India and likely have an intrasquad game prior to the Tests.
- The team will travel to India a week or 10 days before the Test match starts.
- Extra players from India will be used in center-wicket scenarios for training preparation.
- An intrasquad game will be played as a warm-up fixture before the Test series.
Get every cricket update! Follow us on: