Shakib Al Hasan believes Bangladesh will be a dangerous side in the World Cup
Bangladesh skipper Shakib Al Hasan expressed confidence in his team’s abilities ahead of the upcoming ODI World Cup. He stated that despite facing numerous injuries and changes in the team during the Asia Cup, Bangladesh will be a dangerous side in the World Cup.
India falls short in chase as Bangladesh wins Asia Cup consolation match
India, who had already secured a spot in the Asia Cup final against Sri Lanka, failed to chase Bangladesh’s total of 265-8. Opener Shubman Gill scored a valiant 121, but it wasn’t enough as Bangladesh’s bowlers dismissed India for 259.
- Mustafizur Rahman took three wickets for Bangladesh
- Debutant Tanzim Hasan Sakib and Mahedi Hasan claimed two wickets each
- India rested key players such as Virat Kohli and Jasprit Bumrah in the inconsequential clash
Tanzim Hasan Sakib gets dream wicket, Rohit Sharma’s decision to bowl first backfires
Bangladesh captain Shakib Al Hasan won the toss and elected to bat first to test their batting under lights, which has proven difficult during the tournament. Bangladesh slipped to 59-4 before Shakib and Towhid Hridoy’s partnership of 101 runs helped rebuild the innings.
- Hridoy scored 54 while Shakib contributed 80 runs
- Pace bowler Shardul Thakur, returning for a second spell, dismissed Shakib
- Nasum Ahmed and Mahedi Hasan added valuable runs in the lower order
Shubman Gill’s century not enough as Bangladesh claims victory
Shubman Gill stood firm for India and built key partnerships with KL Rahul and Suryakumar Yadav. However, Bangladesh’s bowlers continued to take wickets at crucial moments.
- Gill reached his hundred off Tanzim Hasan Sakib
- Axar Patel’s 34-ball 42 provided some hope for India, but he fell to Mustafizur Rahman
- Bangladesh’s win in the consolation match gave them two victories in the tournament