Mallikarjun Kharge’s Name Likely To Be Proposed For INDIA bloc Chief
The name of the Congress President Mallikarjun Kharge is likely to be proposed for the Chairperson post of the Indian National Developmental Inclusive Alliance, INDIA bloc sources said on Wednesday.
Sources also said that for the post of convenor, competition is between Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
- There are four proposed posts of convenors.
- Convenor selection will be based on consensus among the allies.
New Theme Song:
- An old theme song for the INDIA bloc has been rejected.
- A new theme song will be released, which will be in multiple languages.
- The song will use the phrase “We the people of India” from the Preamble of the Constitution.
Sources said that there is a consensus on keeping the map of India in the bloc’s logo.
Slogans for the Alliance:
- “Mehengai ko Harane ke liye India (To defeat inflation there is INDIA), Berozgari ko mitane ke liye India (To remove Unemployment, there is INDIA), Nafrat ki aag ko bujhane ke liye India (To douse the fire of Hatred, there is INDIA)”
- A coordination committee of 11 members will be formed to decide the future role of the INDIA bloc.
- A common minimum program will be created.
Media and Social Media Cells:
- The alliance plans to form a media cell and a social media cell.
Leaders as Candidates for Prime Minister:
- Alliance leaders can talk about their main party leader as the candidate for the post of Prime Minister.
- However, the election campaign will focus on the objective of the common man and poor people vs Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
The role of Arvind Kejriwal and the Aam Admi party will not be diluted if Akali Dal joins the alliance, sources mentioned.
The opposition parties have come together to take on the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) and prevent it from winning a third straight term at the Centre in the 2024 Lok Sabha elections.
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)