Controversy surrounding Made in Heaven episode on a Buddhist wedding takes a new turn
Yashica’s new allegations
Yashica reveals her meeting with Alankrita
- Yashica Dutt accuses the makers of Made in Heaven for using her body of work without giving her credit.
- Yashica claims that she had a meeting with writer-director Alankrita Shrivastava in July 2022.
- In response, Alankrita denies these allegations on her Twitter account.
- Alankrita points out the timeline of the shoot of the episode and her meeting with Yashica.
- She explains that the Pallavi Menke episode was shot in October 2021, while her meeting with Yashica took place in July 2022.
- Neeraj Ghaywan, the director of the episode, also confirms the timeline on his Instagram Story.
Background of the controversy
- The controversy began when Yashica Dutt claimed that the Radhika Apte episode in Season 2 of Made in Heaven was heavily inspired by her life and work.
- Yashica stated that the episode portrayed a Dalit woman and her Buddhist inter-caste wedding, but failed to acknowledge her contribution.
- The makers of the show released a statement denying the claims.
Made in Heaven is available to stream on Prime Video.