Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Separate After 27 Years of Marriage
“Wolverine” star Hugh Jackman and his wife of 27 years are to separate, a statement carried by US media said Friday.
- The Australian actor, 54, met fellow performer Deborra-Lee Jackman on the set of an Australian TV series in 1995, and the pair wed a year later.
- “We have been blessed to share almost (three) decades together as husband and wife in a wonderful, loving marriage,” a joint statement first reported by People magazine said.
- “Our journey now is shifting and we have decided to separate to pursue our individual growth.
- “Our family has been and always will be our highest priority. We undertake this next chapter with gratitude, love, and kindness.”
- The couple have two children together.
- Jackman, a Golden Globe winner for his role in “Les Miserables,” has juggled his image as a muscle-bound superhero, with ventures into music and dancing during a varied career.
- “We greatly appreciate your understanding in respecting our privacy as our family navigates this transition in all of our lives,” the statement continues, adding that no further information will be released.
- In a social media post to mark the couple’s silver wedding, Jackman described their marriage as “natural as breathing.”
- “From nearly the moment we met… I knew our destiny was to be together. In our 25 years – our love has only grown deeper.”
- “I’m forever grateful to share our love, our life – and, our family together. We’ve only just begun. Deb, I love you with all my heart!”
- Jackman’s rippling muscles and cut-glass features have earned him an army of admirers, and in 2008 he was named People magazine’s “Sexiest Man Alive”.
- (Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)