Bollywood’s Comeback: Dream Girl 2 Scores Big at the Box Office
Bollywood is craving for proper content and blockbusters but the time has been cruel to them until Pathaan scored the earth-shattering collections. Now things seem to have improved a bit as routine movies are performing well at the box office.
Dream Girl 2: Mixed Reviews but Strong Box Office Performance
Last week’s release Dream Girl 2 of Ayushmann Khurrana could not get a positive talk in the beginning and the reviews ripped it apart. It is a sequel of 2019’s Dream Girl and the outdated cringe comedy is the reason for receiving the criticism.
- Despite poor reviews, Dream Girl 2 is making big money at the box office counters.
- The movie is running towards making a 100 cr gross.
- A man dressed up like a woman in inevitable situations and his struggle thereafter is the whole concept.
- This subject was earlier made into many movies in Hindi and Telugu as well.
- Dream Girl 2 lacks clean comedy and a good script, but Ayushmann’s performance makes up for it.
Positive Signs for Bollywood Trade
With Gadar 2 success and Oh My God 2 becoming a hit, now with Dream Girl 2 scoring big, the north trade is relieved a bit. In the last few months, Satya Prem Ki Katha, Rocky Aur Rani Ki Prem Kahaani, Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar, and Jara Hatke Jara Bachke got average talk but left the makers in profits.
Now the Bollywood trade is expecting back to normalcy with Jawan and it has to be seen if it happens.
This post was last modified on 2 September 2023 9:22 pm