An old video of BTS’s Jungkook talking about smoking has resurfaced
On September 7, American celebrity gossip website Lainey Gossip released photos of BTS’s Jungkook smoking outside Matsuhisa, a well-known Los Angeles dining spot that’s popular among celebrities. Naturally, this sparked mixed reactions among ARMYs.
Reactions of ARMYs
- Some ARMYs were unphased as lots of people smoke, and many defended him
- Others confessed that they actually thought it made him even “hotter”
Concerns for Jungkook’s health
Yet, some were also concerned for Jungkook’s health. Smoking is known to cause many health problems, especially for the lungs, which would be detrimental to a singer.
- Smoking causes cancer, heart disease, stroke, lung diseases, diabetes, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), which includes emphysema and chronic bronchitis. Smoking also increases risk for tuberculosis, certain eye diseases, and problems of the immune system, including rheumatoid arthritis. – CDC
- Not only that, but a video resurfaced of Jungkook talking about smoking nine years ago. While filming Mnet’s L.A.-based reality show American Hustle Life, Jungkook recorded a video talking about how eager he was to become an adult.
Jungkook’s perspective on smoking
But Jungkook also mentioned that smoking can come with becoming an adult. He spoke about his dad’s smoking habit, which he confessed he “hated.”
- Jungkook even recorded a video message for his dad, begging him to quit smoking. He raised concerns about his father’s health.
Change in perspective
Despite all this, it appears that the dad’s old habit was picked up by Jungkook nearly a decade later. Yet, rewatching the old video from American Hustle Life filled ARMYs with mixed emotions.