Atlee says he will ‘definitely’ make Jawan 2, reveals why he didn’t ask Vijay for cameo in Shah Rukh Khan film
After ruling over the South Indian film industry, Atlee made a smashing entry in Bollywood with Shah Rukh Khan’s Jawan.
The actioner, released on September 7, is breaking record after record at the box office, earning more than Rs 700 crore globally in 10 days.
Contemplating Jawan 2
In an interview with Pinkvilla, Atlee confirmed that he would make a sequel to the film, however, he doesn’t have a timeline in mind yet.
- Atlee mentioned that most of his films have an open ending, and he would only decide on making a sequel if he gets a strong idea.
- He expressed his interest in setting a spin-off on Vikram Rathore, Shah Rukh’s senior version in the movie.
- Atlee emphasized that if a strong idea comes to him, he will definitely come up with a sequel.
Extended version on OTT
Atlee also assured that his team is looking at releasing an extended version of Jawan on OTT.
- He mentioned that while the film had the perfect ratio of emotions, for streaming, they are considering a different rhythm.
- Atlee revealed that he has been working on the extended version and hasn’t even taken a holiday because of that.
No cameo for Vijay
The filmmaker was questioned about the rumoured cameo of Thalapathy Vijay in Jawan.
- Atlee insisted that he was clear on not having him in the film as he had bigger plans in the long run.
- He expressed his desire to mount a big, two-hero film with Vijay and Shah Rukh Khan.
- Atlee stated that he will write something for both of them and have them in a single movie in the future.
For more updates and the latest Bollywood news, along with entertainment updates, visit The Indian Express.