Music Maestro AR Rahman’s Concert Turns Traumatic for Fans
The concert titled ‘Marakuma Nenjam’ was held at Adityaram Palace in Chennai’s Paniyur on Sunday.
Overcrowding and Mismanagement
Several fans complained of overcrowding and a stampede-like situation, calling the experience “traumatic” and slammed the organisers for mismanagement.
Complaints on Social Media
- Many fans took to social media to share videos of their bizarre and harrowing experiences.
- Fans complained about not being allowed to enter the venue despite having valid tickets.
- Claims of a stampede-like situation resulting in harassment of women and injuries to children were made.
- Thousands of fans alleged that organisers oversold tickets.
- Fans demanded answers from ACTC Events, the organisers.
- One woman described the situation as overcrowded and stampede-like with no regulation.
- Another woman mentioned that they had paid for tickets but it was free seating for all.
- A family complained about the absence of parking space as promised.
- A fan called the concert the worst ever attended, citing lack of security and poor organisation.
Complaints and Concerns
Several concert-goers raised the following issues:
- Lack of proper parking facilities
- Low audio volume
- Poor seating arrangements
- Panic attacks and anxiety due to overcrowding
Here are some tweets expressing dissatisfaction:
“The most bizarre experience ever! It was the worst concert I have attended.”
“AR Rahman’s concert tonight was the most traumatic event I’ve ever been to.”
“Very very bad audio systems. Couldn’t hear any song or music.”
“Horrible experience at AR Rahman concert. Horrible sound systems, zero crowd control.”
AR Rahman’s Response
AR Rahman has asked fans who couldn’t enter the venue to mail their tickets and grievances to his team for a response.
Organisers, ACTC Events, apologised for the overcrowding and took responsibility for the mismanagement.
AR Rahman has several upcoming projects in the works, including Ayalaan, Maamannan Maidaan, Pippa, Aadujeevitham, Laal Salaam, and a collaboration with Kamal Haasan.