Farah Khan Reveals Why Aamir Khan and Amitabh Bachchan Were Missing from ‘Om Shanti Om’ Song
The iconic song ‘Deewangi’ brought together 31 stars, but two major names were missing
Farah Khan, the renowned Bollywood director, recently revealed the reason behind the absence of Aamir Khan and Amitabh Bachchan from the iconic song ‘Deewangi’ in the movie ‘Om Shanti Om’.
‘Om Shanti Om’ – A Classic Worth Remembering
Farah Khan’s movies like ‘Main Hoon Na’ and ‘Om Shanti Om’ continue to captivate audiences till today. Among the many reasons why ‘Om Shanti Om’ became iconic, Deepika Padukone’s debut film and her chemistry with Shah Rukh Khan stand out.
- The songs and SRK’s dialogues have left a lasting impact over the years.
- ‘Om Shanti Om’ featured a song called ‘Deewangi’ that brought together 31 stars from the industry.
- Aamir Khan and Amitabh Bachchan were notably absent from the song.
The Real Reasons Behind Their Absence
In a recent interview on Maniesh Paul’s podcast, Farah Khan shed light on why Aamir Khan and Amitabh Bachchan couldn’t be part of the song.
- Mr. Bachchan’s absence was due to the fact that his son, Abhishek Bachchan, was getting married to Aishwarya Rai Bachchan during that week.
- Aamir Khan initially claimed that he was editing his movie ‘Taare Zameen Par’ and couldn’t make it.
- Farah Khan offered to complete the shoot within two hours, but Aamir expressed concerns about delaying his film by six months if he left the editing process.
- Later, Aamir admitted that he simply didn’t want to come.
An Unexpected Dharmendra Moment
While ‘Deewangi’ showcased many stars, an impromptu moment where Dharmendra danced was beautifully captured in the song. Salman Khan and Saif Ali Khan requested to see Dharmendra dance, adding an extra touch of surprise to the scene.
Farah Khan’s insights into the reasons behind Aamir Khan and Amitabh Bachchan’s absence from the song ‘Deewangi’ in ‘Om Shanti Om’ add a fascinating layer to the Bollywood history regarding this iconic movie release.
‘Om Shanti Om’ not only introduced Deepika Padukone and left a lasting imprint on the audience, but it also became a memorable film due to its timeless songs, SRK’s dialogues, and the star-studded ‘Deewangi’ moment.
Furthermore, the clash between ‘Om Shanti Om’ and ‘Saawariya’ on their release day, marking the debut of Ranbir Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor, remains an interesting anecdote in the Bollywood industry.