Is today your lucky day?
The Powerball Jackpot
The lottery jackpot was an estimated $386 million with a cash option of $185.8 million for Wednesday night’s drawing, according to the Powerball website. The jackpot was last won on July 19 when a lottery player in California won the $1.08 billion jackpot – the third largest Powerball ever.
The Mega Millions Jackpot
Meanwhile, the Mega Millions jackpot is at $85 million with a cash option of $41.2 million, according to the Mega Millions website.
Powerball Winning Numbers
What are the 8/30/23 winning Powerball numbers? Here are the Powerball winning numbers for Wednesday, Aug. 30, 2023: 4 – 13 – 35 – 61 – 69 and Powerball 4. Powerplay was 2x.
Luckiest Powerball Numbers
Next Powerball Drawing
Powerball drawings are held three times a week – Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday at 10:59 p.m. Monday drawings were added in 2021.
States with Most Powerball Jackpot Winners
- New York
Powerball Ticket Purchase Deadlines
The deadline for purchasing Powerball tickets varies by state. The deadline in New Jersey is 9:59 p.m. on the day of the drawing, while New York’s deadline is 10 p.m. Click here for a complete list of Powerball ticket deadline times by state or jurisdiction.
How to Play Powerball
The cost is $2 per ticket, but you can add the Power Play for $1, which will increase the amount of your potential prize up to five times the original prize (except for the jackpot and Match 5). There is also a 10x Power Play possibility when the jackpot is less than $150 million. Each player selects five numbers from 1 to 69 for the white balls and one number from 1 to 26 for the red Powerball. However, you can also have the lottery machine generate a quick pick ticket with random numbers for you. Prizes vary from $4 for matching the Powerball to $1 million for matching all five white balls (except in California) to the jackpot for matching all six balls.
Spotting Lottery Scammers
Beware of scams claiming that a lottery jackpot winner is giving away money. Learn how to spot a scammer and protect yourself.
Watching the Powerball Drawing
The Powerball drawing is broadcast live on the lottery website at 10:59 p.m. ET on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday. You can also watch the drawing on a local television station in your market.
Where to Buy Powerball Tickets
Powerball tickets can be purchased in 45 states plus the Washington DC, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Many grocery stores, gas stations, and convenience stores sell lottery tickets. Some states allow Powerball tickets to be purchased online, but make sure to check with your state lottery for more details about online sales before making a purchase.
Recent Powerball Winner
A New Jersey grandmother of 10 recently won $1 million in Powerball and is planning a Disney trip with her winnings.
Odds of Winning
Playing the Powerball can be exciting, but keep in mind that the odds of winning the jackpot are 292,201,338-to-1. The odds to match all five white balls are 11,688,053-to-1.
The major lotteries in the United States offer two jackpot payout options: annuity and cash. The annuity option is paid out over time with an immediate payment and then 29 annual payments after that, increasing by 5% each year. The cash option is significantly lower than the advertised jackpot, but it is paid in a lump sum. You don’t have to wait decades for all the money.
In some states, like New Jersey, you can win a lottery anonymously. Check with your state lottery for more information on remaining anonymous.
Top 10 Powerball Jackpots
- $2.04 billion, Nov. 7, 2022: Won in California
- $1.586 billion, Jan. 13, 2016: Three winners in California, Florida, Tennessee
- $1.08 billion, July 19, 2023: Won in California
- $768.4 million, March 27, 2019: Won in Wisconsin
- $758.7 million, Aug. 23, 2017: Won in Massachusetts
- $754.6 million, Feb. 6, 2023: Won in Washington
- $730 million, Jan. 20, 2021: Won in Maryland
- $699.8 million, Oct. 4, 2021: Won in California
- $687.8 million, Oct. 27, 2018: Two winners in Iowa, New York
- $632.6 million, Jan. 5, 2022: Two winners in California, Wisconsin
Largest US Lottery Jackpot Ever
- $2.04 billion, Powerball, Nov. 7, 2022: California
- $1.602 billion, Mega Millions, Aug. 8, 2023: Florida
- $1.586 billion, Powerball, Jan. 13, 2016: Three winners in California, Florida, Tennessee
- $1.537 billion, Mega Millions, Oct. 23, 2018: Won in South Carolina
- $1.348 billion, Mega Millions, Jan. 13, 2022: Won in Maine
- $1.337 billion, Mega Millions, July 29, 2022: Illinois
- $1.08 billion, Powerball, July 19, 2023: Won in California